Our mission: To serve as a gathering place for the community and to connect our patrons to Cozad's past, present, and future.
NOTICE.......OverDrive now requires your library card number and a library-specific password in order to check out e-books and downloadable audio books. Please ask the front desk for the password, but be prepared to give staff your name and library card number for verification. Our phone number is 784-2019.
Our hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-7pm; Friday, 10-5pm; Saturday, 10-1 pm.
Stop by the front desk and ask us how you can Check Out a Librarian for your own personal computer, editing, or genealogy research use! This is an ongoing program.
Story Time Hours
Preschoolers and Moms 11:30 AM - 12:00
Preschool to 2nd Grade 3:45 PM - 4:15 PM
Toddlers and Moms 10:30 AM - 10:50 AM
Preschoolers and Moms 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Family Story Time (with activity) 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
W.A.R.M. stands for "Winter Adult Reading Months". Our goal is to encourage patrons to read during those cold winter months. Interested adults are asked to read ten books from the beginning of January to March 31st and have staff punch a card (see below) marking progress. When all cups are punched, turn in the card at the front desk for a chance to win some warm prizes. Patrons may continue to full up cards and turn them in throughout March. Ask today for your punch card and "warm" up to books!
• 2/28: Princesses prechool to 3rd grade and an adult are formally invited to join us for tea in the conference room at Wilson Public Library on Saturday, February 28th from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Princesses will need to dress in their best princess attire - tiaras and boas are optional! We will have princess punch, sweet treats and lots of fun! Seating is limited so pre-registration is necessary. Registration is full.
• 3/2: Come help us celebrate Dr. Seuss's Birthday on Monday, March 2nd at 4:00 PM-5:30 PM! We will be hosting a Movie Matinee of Cat in the Hat and popcorn will be provided! Hope to see you there!
•3/7: Queen Elsa and Princess Anna are making a royal stop at Wilson Public Library on Saturday, March 7, from 10:30-11:30 Am for a special Frozen Story Time. Loomis sisters Oliva and Eden McCain have performed all over Nebraska as the Disney characters, mainly at private parties, schools and libraries. The sisters will read a story and sing a song; children are welcome to dress up in a favorite Disney costume. Parents can take pictures of their children with Elsa and Anna after the program. There will be a donation basket where parents can give back for the performance. No regestration is necessary.
• 3/9: The Library Book Club will discuss the classic Pearl Buck novel, The Good Earth, on Monday, march 9th at 2:00 PM in the library board room. All patrons are invited to attend. The book club will have their last meeting until fall in April and will disucss The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Both books are available for checkout in the library. That meeting will be April 13th at 2:00 PM.
• 3/10: The Library will be hosting a Movie Night on March 10th at 7:00 PM. We will be featuring Guardians of the Galaxy and tickets will be available from March 5-9. Seating is limited and there are no reservations, so hurry to get your tickets! Kids must be accompanied by an adult.
• 3/16: Join us for our first book discussion on Son of the Gamblin' Man by Mari Sandoz on March 16 at 1:00 PM. Haven't read the book yet? Check it out at the library! For more information on our One Book, One Cozad programs associated with the book Son of the Gamblin' Man can be found by clicking here.
• 3/16: Director Lori Vidlak will discuss her research and the making of a film on the life and works of Robert Henri at the Wilson Public Library on Monday, March 16 at 2:00 PM and again at 7:00 PM. After her presentation, the documentary "Robert Henri & the Art Spirit" will be shown in its entirety. All patrons are encouraged to attend either session.
• 3/17: Our next Crafternoon is Tuesday, March 17 at 4:00 PM in the library conference room. Bring an old thick t-shirt, ruler or tape measure, and sharp scissors. Then, me amazed as you create a no-sew t-shirt tote bag. No registration is necessary!
•3/17: The Once Upon a Time Book Club wil discuss On the Day I Died by Candace Fleming on Tuesday, March 17th, from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM. The author herself will be our special guest! Candance Fleming will give insights into her book and answer questions. All middle school and high school students are invited to attend!
•3/19: Sue Hart will have another creative lesson for kids in Kindergarten-6th grade on Thursday, March 19, from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM in the library conference room. The theme for the lesson is book art and journaling. All students K-6 grades are invited to attend. No registration is necessary.
• 3/30: The Wilson Public Library will be closed for cleaning on March 30th! Items may be returned in the drop box on the north side of the library.
•4/2: 1st-6th graders will cast votes for the Golden Sower Winners on April 2nd from 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM. To vote, read two nominated books in a specific division. Nominated books are here ready to be checked out in all three divisions.
• 4/3: The Wilson Public Library will be closed for Good Friday on April 3rd! Items may be returned in the drop box on the north side of the library.