Our mission: To serve as a gathering place for the community and to connect our patrons to Cozad's past, present, and future.
NOTICE……..Winter hours will begin September 2.
NOTICE.......OverDrive now requires your library card number and a library-specific password in order to check out e-books and downloadable audio books. Please ask the front desk for the password, but be prepared to give staff your name and library card number for verification. Our phone number is 784-2019.
Our hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-7pm; Friday, 10-5pm; Saturday, 10-1 pm.
Stop by the front desk and ask us how you can Check Out a Librarian for your own personal computer, editing, or genealogy research use! This is an ongoing program.
~~~~~~~~~~~~FALL 2014 EVENTS
• Starting 9/9: Children ages birth-5 and their guardians are invited to join us for a drop in Story Time. No registration is needed! There will be three conveinent opportunities to attend Story Time: Tuesdays for Preschoolers and Moms from 11:30 am - 12:00 pm, Wednesdays for Toddlers and Moms from 10:30 am - 10:50 am, and Wednesdays for Preschoolers and Moms from 11:00 am - 11:30 am. This year we are adding an additional Story hour on the 3rd Saturday of each month (11/15) from 11:00 am - 11:30 am. The first session will be September 20th. Children of all ages are invited to attend with an adult. there will be a story and activity planned. Choose your day and spend some quality reading time with your little ones!
• Starting 10/7: The Cyber Seniors Program was made to bridge the gap between generations by helping seniors use a comuter, the Internet, or any sort of technology in general. Its goal is to enable a senior citizen to be ablet o use a computer independently or with minimal assistance. By using a computer efficiently and imdependently simple things like email, "googling," Skype, Facebook, etc. are possible. The Cozad High School Adult Living Class will be teaching their first ever "Cyber Seniors" program at the library. Seniors may sign up at the front desk and attend 30 minute sessions once a week to learn how to use email, Skype, Facebook, etc. The sessions will be on Tuesdays beginning October 7, from 10:15 AM - 10:45 Am. If you attend, you will need to bring your own devices. If you have any other questions, please contact teacher Bonnie Hansen at 784-2744 at the Cozad High School. If these dates/times don't work for you, chat with our staff about WPL's Check-Out a Librarian Program.
• 11/2: Don't forget to turn your clocks back - daylight savings time ends!
• 11/4: Once Upon A Time Book Club will be meeting at the library at 4:00-5:00 PM and 6:00-7:00 PM to discuss their first book, "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman. More information about the club is at the front desk. Hope to see you there!
• 11/11: The Library will be closed for Veterans Day!
• 11/12: Story Time on Wednesday, November 12th at 11:00-11:30 AM will have a very special guest! Author Jamie Swenson will be with us via Skype to talk to our group about her newest book, "If You Were a Dog." This book, which is illustrated by the Caldecott Award Winning illustrator Chris Raschka, came out in September. Jamie will share her new book and experience as a children's author and librarian.
• 11/13: Wilson Public Library will be hosting an 11:00 am presentation about area veterans. Photos and facts about the men and women of the area who proudly served are part of this celebration. If you are a veteran or have a family member who served and would like to be included, please drop off a photo to be scanned and a short paragraph about military service. Photos will be scanned and returned. Please turn in by November 6st to be included in this year's program. If you have given us this information before, we still have it!
• 11/17: Interested in digging up a little dirt? Let the Cozad Genealogy Club teach you how to research your family history! They will be meeting at 7:00 PM in the Board Room here at the library, and they have meetings the third Monday of each month.
• 11/19: We will be hosting a Movie Matinee on November 19, starting at 3:00 PM. We will be showing "Sleeping Beauty," and popcorn will be provided! No tickets necessary! Children under kindergarten must be accompanied by an adult.
• 11/20: We will be hosting a Movie Night on November 20, starting at 7:00 PM. We will be showing "Maleficient," and popcorn will be provided! There are free tickets available from November 17-19. Seating is limited, so don't forget to come in and get a ticket! Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• 11/27 & 28: The Library will be closed for Thanksgiving!