Our mission: To serve as a gathering place for the community and to connect our patrons to Cozad's past, present, and future.
NOTICE.......OverDrive now requires your library card number and a library-specific password in order to check out e-books and downloadable audio books. Please ask the front desk for the password, but be prepared to give staff your name and library card number for verification. Our phone number is 784-2019.
Our hours are Monday-Thursday, 10-7pm; Friday, 10-5pm; Saturday, 10-1 pm.
Stop by the front desk and ask us how you can Check Out a Librarian for your own personal computer, editing, or genealogy research use! This is an ongoing program.
~~~~~~~~~~~~WINTER 2014 EVENTS
Santa Claus at the Wilson Public Library!
Children are welcome to come visit Santa by the main fireplace. Parents are welcome to bring cameras to take photos. A special thanks to the Cozad Chamber for helping to sponsor Santa at the Library. Here are the times Santa will be at the Library:
Tuesdays, from 5:00-7:00 PM
December 2nd, 9th, and 16th
Wednesdays, from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
December 10th (Please note, this is only for Story Time Kids!)
Thursdays, from 5:00-7:00 PM
December 4th and 18th
Saturdays, from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
December 6th and 13th
• Starting 9/9: Children ages birth-5 and their guardians are invited to join us for a drop in Story Time. No registration is needed! There will be three conveinent opportunities to attend Story Time: Tuesdays for Preschoolers and Moms from 11:30 am - 12:00 pm, Wednesdays for Toddlers and Moms from 10:30 am - 10:50 am, and Wednesdays for Preschoolers and Moms from 11:00 am - 11:30 am. This year we are adding an additional Story hour on the 3rd Saturday of each month (11/15) from 11:00 am - 11:30 am. The first session will be September 20th. Children of all ages are invited to attend with an adult. there will be a story and activity planned. Choose your day and spend some quality reading time with your little ones!
•December 2014: Everyone has their special list for Santa including Wilson Public Library! On our list this year - LEGOs so we can jumpstart our Lego Club! If you happen to have Legos around the house gathering dust, please consider donating them to us!
•12/5: The Kick-Off Event for One Book, One Cozad will be during Holidays at the Henri at December 5th, from 7:00-9:00 PM. It will be located at the Henri Museum in Cozad, it is a ticketed event, and at 8:00 PM One Book, One Cozad will be announced! For more information, click here.
• 12/8: Kim's Book Club will be meeting December 8th, from 2:00-3:00 PM, and they will be discussingThe Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas. Their next book in January, which they will meet January 11 from 2:00-3:00 PM, will be your choice of title by Willa Cather.
• 12/9: We will be hosting a Movie Night on December 9, starting at 7:00 PM. Tickets will be available December 4-9. Children should be accompanied by an adult.
•12/13: Give your Chirstmas Cards a special twist: beginning Monday, December 1, bring them in to the library and drop them into the special delivery basket inside our main doors, addressed and postage stamped, please. Then, join us Saturday, December 13 at 10:00 AM to watch the Pony Express recreate their horse ride from Cozad to Gothenburg, before mailing your cards at the Gothenburg Post Office. Cards must be at the library by 5:00 PM on Friday, December 12th.
• 12/9-11, 16-18: Find the elf on the library shelf! The elf will be hinding somewhere different each day in our children's area, and will be reading a book. He'll be hiding December 9th-11th, and again on December 16th-18th.Use an entry form from the children's area to list where the elf is hiding and what he is reading for a chance to win a prize. One entry, per day, per child, please.
•12/16 & 18: Once Upon a Time Book Club will be discussing the book Finding Somewhere by Joseph Monniger on December 16th from 4:00-5:00 PM and December 18th from 6:00-7:00 PM; come to whichever time fits your schedule! Our group will have to opportunity to Skype with the author! This group is open to students in grade 6-8. For more information on the book and author, visit www.joemonniger.com and for more information about the book club, stop by the front desk! January's book is Split by Swati Avasthi. and they will be meeting January 13th from 4:00-5:00 PM and January 15th from 6:00-7:00 PM.
•12/24: The Library will close at 4:00 PM for Christmas Eve!
•12/25: The Library will be closed all day for Christmas!
•12/31: The Library will close at 4:00 PM for New Year's Eve!
•1/1: The Library will be closed all day for New Year's Day!
• January-March 2015: After the brrr months of November and December, we invite all adults to ger W.A.R.M. (Winter Adult Reading Months) with us at Wilson Public Library! We know that many adults don't have time to do our summer reading program, so we decided to try a winter one instead! Starting January 2nd, pick up a punch card at the front desk. Mark it each time you finish reading a book. Return the completed card (10 books read) for a chance to win a prize. Feel free to fill up as many cards as possible! The reading contest goes through March 20, so get reading!
• 1/21 & 22: In honor of Robert Henri's 150th birthday, plan to attend our special Robert Henri presentations for kids - "Robert Henri: Making Your Mark". Instructed by Sue Hart, these calsses will be informative as well as fun. On January 21st, Story Time kids will meet with Sue from 11:00-11:30 AM. On January 22nd, kids grades 2-4 will meet with Sue from 3:30-5:00 PM.